[ltp] Looong wait before booting - T20

Michael Reinsch mr at uue.org
Tue Apr 8 17:45:29 CEST 2003

Hi!

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:35:50 +0200
Hans-Göran Puke <hgp at home.se> wrote:

> I have a very annoying problem with my Thinkpad T20: It waits
> (seemingly does nothing at all) a couple of minutes, displaying the
> Thinkpad logo, before it starts to boot the operating system.

I have seen this problem as well, it seems to be caused by the
hibernation file. After removing it, the delay is gone.

Recreating the hibernation file doesn't seem to fix this delay though. I
couldn't find a solution other then either not have a hibernation file
or format & restore from rescue cd the windows partition the hibernation
file is located on.

If someone knows a better, not so time consuming solution, please let us
know :)

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr at uue.org>                       http://mr.uue.org