[ltp] intermittent video problem (770 tp)

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 15 22:37:03 CEST 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:11:37 -0500
Chris Hoekstra <chris_hoekstra at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am in a similar situation where my 770x with the 1280x1024 screen just
> went out, ie all black, yet the system works great.  The external video
> doesn't work either, so I just assumed it was the whole video card
> itself...

When my TP screen went out, the external video port still worked.  Have
you tried cold booting your Thinkpad with the VGA connector hooked to a
monitor that's already turned on?  That seems to work even if the LCD
display is completely removed.

The 1280x1024 screens usually run a bit more than $50.  For that matter,
the 14.1" XGA screens sometimes run more than that, too.