[ltp] SIMPLE QUESTIONS -Reply

Chris Hoekstra chris_hoekstra at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:43:23 CEST 2003

Has anyone else had any problem with generic laptop memory?  I have a
770z (PII-366) that I added an additional 256Mb to the exisiting
built-in 128.  However, when I am running with Win98 and the additional
memory, I get daily lockups.  Sometimes they are every couple of days,
all depends on my usage.  So basically I run with only 128Mb because a
stable laptop is far faster than a frozen laptop.

I just installed mandrake 9.1 and haven't tried the new memory, but if
there is a hardware conflict, I wouldn't expect the OS to do *that*
much, if anything.

The memory is Viking 128Mb NON-ECC PC100 SO DIMM which is supposed to
work just fine, but I am thinking it is a conflict with the IBM memory
and the viking stuff.

Anyone else have any problem adding in non-ibm memory?

Chris