[ltp] slmdm and t30?

Matthias Posseldt matthi at gmx.li
Wed Apr 16 21:39:55 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 20:25, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > I use the driver from
> > http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
> >
> > The latest version there is 2.7.9, and it works perfectly for me. In
>
> 2.7.10 is latest. Anyone out there who has hacked in devfs support? If
> not, I will give it a try. Having non-devfs-aware devices in a
> devfs-environenment sucks somewhat. A Debian package would also be a
> nice idea.

Yes, me has configured it on Gentoo with devfs:

----- /etc/devfs.d/modem ------
LOOKUP          ^ttySL0$        MODLOAD ACTION slmodem
REGISTER        ^ttySL0$        PERMISSIONS root.dialout 660

LOOKUP          ^ppp$           MODLOAD ACTION ppp_generic
REGISTER        ^ppp$           PERMISSIONS root.dialout 660
----- /etc/devfs.d/modem ------

----- /etc/modules.d/modem ------
## SmartLink AMR modem
alias char-major-212 slmodem
alias /dev/ttySL0 slmodem
alias slmodem slamrmo
options slmdm country=GERMANY
----- /etc/modules.d/modem ------

Although I don't fully understand the devfs configuration syntax it seems to
work (I copied and modified a section that was given in Gentoo's default
installation).

I use a link /dev/modem -> /dev/ttySL0 and let KPPP use the /dev/modem
default.

Ciao, Matthias

--
"If liberty means anything at all,