[ltp] Cisco airoco Mini PCI wireless on T30 setup on Redhat 8.0

Atul Chitnis achitnis at exocore.com
Mon Apr 21 20:32:49 CEST 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Pam Huntley wrote:

> Also someone asked about wireless options on the T30s.  My most
> recent info (and it frequently changes) shows that there are 3
> wireless cards you can get:

There is a fourth one (actually zeroth one ;) - the standard Intel
HighRate 2011 Mini-PCI wireless+modem card, found by default in all
wireless-enabled T30s (including the one I am sending this note from - see
dump of my lspci -v below), which is happily supported by the default
Orinoco driver, as well as hostap:

02:02.0 Network controller: Harris Semiconductor Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset
(rev 01)
        Subsystem: Intel Corp. Wireless 802.11b MiniPCI Adapter
        Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis at exocore.com
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 344-0397