[ltp] Cisco airoco Mini PCI wireless on T30 setup on Redhat 8.0

Diego Zamboni d_zamboni at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 09:46:28 CEST 2003

> > The mpi350 isn't yet supported by the airo drivers unfortunately. Ben is
> > working in it though, and apparently has something kinda working. You
> > can get drivers directly from cisco that work however. Go to
> > http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet-utils-linux

There is also a pretty good HOWTO at http://home.attbi.com/~pilchman/ on
how to get it working.

> The wireless tools (package "wireless-tools" in Debian) can be used
> instead of acu.

Not for the mpi350. Iwconfig doesn't see it, so you have to use acu.
What I do to keep multiple configurations (e.g. LEAP and WEP) is to
configure everything through acu, and then copy the /etc/eth1.cfg file
that acu creates (all the settings are saved there). To restore the
settings, I copy the corresponding file to /etc/eth1.cfg and run
/bin/bcard.

Best regards,
--Diego