[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #186 - 20 msgs

Patrick Lam linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:58:34 -0400 (EDT)

> Did you try to compile it under a 2.6.0 Kernel?
> If I try, it complains about a missing modversions.h (it searches in=20
> include/linux/). When I copy modversions.h into include/linux/, the if_ieee=
> *=20
> files generate screens of error messages..

I've compiled the madwifi driver for 2.6.  Instead of including
modversions.h in Makefile.inc, include modsetver.h.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to set the essid; it just ignores
whatever essid I choose to set.  It also changes frequency all the time
and will not associate.  Bummer.  Will look into this further.

The other thing I've been trying to do is to get my Synaptics pad working
with the evdev interface under 2.6.  Actually, I can't get any pointing
device to work.  I'll try adding the evdev patches to my X server.

pat