[ltp] USB RS-232 serial?

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 09 Aug 2003 09:40:13 -0400

I've tried a few of these, and most of them do work.  The best supported
seems to be the keyspan models, which I got from CompUSA.  Don't know if
you have one of those near you or not, but you can order it online if
you can't find one.  I also got the belkin one to work with the mct
driver with limitations.  If you want more details about what is
supported, check the kernel source.  Module source is in
drivers/usb/serial, and a good overview document is
Documentation/usb/usb-serial.txt.  You can also check this site:
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ , which is useful for checking most any
USB linux device support.  I'm very happy with the keyspan model.  It
shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0.

Joel