[ltp] New To List

Dale H. Cook linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:58:24 -0400

I'm new to the list and would like to introduce myself. I'm an old hand at
computers (40+ years) but new to Linux. My work as a contract radio station
engineer includes many computers, especially automation systems. Most of
what you hear on radio stations today (other than talk shows) is coming off
of a hard drive, almost always under some version of Windows. One client
recently installed a new automation system running under Red Hat 7.3, so
I've set my Thinkpad i1200 up as a double boot machine with Win 98SE and
Red Hat 7.2 in order to become familiar with the OS.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, WWWR Roanoke VA, WCQV Moneta VA, WKBA WZZI
Vinton VA, WKPA WLNI WZZU Lynchburg VA, WMNA / WMNA-FM Gretna VA
Star City Antique Radios and Test Equipment:
http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/oldcolony/radios/radtop.html