[ltp] accelerated graphics on a thinkpad?

Peter Theunis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:30:09 -0700

http://ati.com/products/mobile.html will show you the differences.
T40p (p for performance) tend to have FireGL chips; targeted to digital content creators.

The Radeon 9000 has 32Mb of DDR memory(with a 64-bit DDR memory bus) while the  the FireGL has 64Mb of DDR memory (with a 128-bit DDR memory bus).

2 decent reviews; nothing about linux though.
http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.html?i=1801&p=10
http://www6.tomshardware.com/mobile/20030418/index.html

google around, there's plenty of info.

peter