[ltp] accelerated graphics on a thinkpad?

Arne Schwabe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:36:06 +0200

Peter Theunis wrote:

>http://ati.com/products/mobile.html will show you the differences.
>T40p (p for performance) tend to have FireGL chips; targeted to digital content creators.
>
>The Radeon 9000 has 32Mb of DDR memory(with a 64-bit DDR memory bus) while the  the FireGL has 64Mb of DDR memory (with a 128-bit DDR memory bus).
>
>2 decent reviews; nothing about linux though.
>http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.html?i=1801&p=10
>http://www6.tomshardware.com/mobile/20030418/index.html

Anadtech is funny. I think in their test radeon vs firegl they test the
firegl drivers optimized for correctness against the radeon driver
optimized for fps, look at the fps and conclude that the fireGL is a
worse graficcard then the radeon

Arne