[ltp] Fwd: apm problem

kuruva hanumesh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:44:32 -0800 (PST)

Hai all
             I have a custom system with many onboard
 facilities to connect to devices like Etherenet
 card,serial drivers ,usb,webcam support,parallel
 port,TV monitor support,mouse,keyboard etc.

             I am using backups daemon to monitor the
 external power .The daemon intimates the init about
 the power failure and the init will inturn calls apm

 to go to  suspend mode.

  I am using apm 3.0final version in my system.

  The apm suspends power only to few of the devices
 on
   my board (eg., Ethernet card). Also the apm comes
 back to normal mode whenever keyboard or mouse is
 interrupted.

 I need the apm to suspend power to all the devices

 excluding the processor and the RAM disk.
 Also I need the apm to return back to normal mode
 only
 on power restoration,but not just simply by keyboard
 or mouse interruption.

 Can anyone help me in this regard.
             Thanks a lot in advance