[ltp] Fwd: apm problem

kuruva hanumesh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:35:09 -0800 (PST)

--0-2010878740-1070426109=:79194

Note: forwarded message attached.

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/
--0-2010878740-1070426109=:79194

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 23:27:02 -0800 (PST)
From: kuruva hanumesh <hanuapm@yahoo.com>
Subject: apm problem
To: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org

Hai all
            I have a custom system with many onboard
facilities to connect to devices like Etherenet
card,serial drivers ,usb,webcam support,parallel
port,TV monitor support,mouse,keyboard etc.

            I am using backups daemon to monitor the
external power .The daemon intimates the init about
the power failure and the init will inturn calls apm
to go to  suspend mode.

 I am using apm 3.0final version in my system.

 The apm suspends power only to few of the devices on
  my board (eg., Ethernet card). Also the apm comes
back to normal mode whenever keyboard or mouse is
interrupted.

I need the apm to suspend power to all the devices
excluding the processor and the RAM disk.
Also I need the apm to return back to normal mode only
on power restoration,but not just simply by keyboard
or mouse interruption.

Can anyone help me in this regard.
            Thanks a lot in advance