[ltp] CD-RW on T30 won't write: Input-output error

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 22:34:15 -0700

Whil:

Try writing at 4x speed.  I think that the max speed is 8x on the stock
CD-RW drive for the T30 if it is the same model as in the A22p.  I had
to back down the drive speed in order to keep from creating coasters.
Better media will prevent coasters, but there is no guarantee.

James McKenzie