[ltp] PCMCIA card suddenly stopps working?

Karl Katzke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:01:44 -0800

I've got an i1460. When I put a PCMCIA wireless ethernet card in the
slot, the laptop typically makes a single or double beep and the PCMCIA
controller recognizes the card and goes on it's merry way.
All of a sudden today, when I put the card in to get some work done, the
laptop started making first a high pitch beep as usual, and then after a
second, a low pitch beep. Linux won't recognize that the device exists.
Anyone have any idea if this is a hardware or a software issue? The card
seems to work on other machines. Another non-wireless NIC configures
properly. The wireless PCMCIA NIC is getting power and has a steady
signal; the idiot lights on it confirm that much.

*bashes head against desk* It was working perrrfectly this morning.

-K