[ltp] External monitor with IBM T40

Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:10:26 +0100

Paul,

Thanks, this is a good suggestion.

I edited my /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf

  # number and that will be the display number of that server.  Usually just
  # the 0 server is used.
  0=Standard
  1=Second
  # Note the VTAllocation and FirstVT keys on linux.  Don't add any vt<number>
  # arguments if VTAllocation is on, and set FirstVT to be the first vt
  # available that your gettys don't grab (gettys are usually dumb and grab

  # Definition of the standard X server.
  [server-Standard]
  name=Standard server
  command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -layout T40Layout
  flexible=true

  [server-Second]
  name=Second server
  command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 -layout External
  flexible=true

So I now start 2 servers and I can switch between them with
<ctrl><alt> <f7> or <f8>.

Now it would be nice if I can dedicate the keyboard and mouse from my laptop
to one server, and the external mouse and external keyboard to the other ;-)
I think that is possible with Xinerama, I'll have to look into that.

If anybody has a T40 setup with Xinerama please feel free to sent me your
configuration examples..

Thanks for your help,

Ice.