[ltp] Suspend, hibernate and the 600E

Tony Sequeira linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:30:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:48:04 -0500, Charles E Taylor IV wrote

> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:16:09 +0000 (GMT)
> "Tony Sequeira" <tony@sequeira.com> wrote:
>
> > Attempting to get suspend working on a TP 600E, LFS kernel 2.4.23.
>
> > I'm concerned however that
> > neither addresses the 'suspend on lid close' ability.
>
> Have you made sure that suspend-on-lid-close isn't disabled in the
> BIOS?
> On most thinkpads, this function can be enabled/disabled in the BIOS.

I'll have a look, I don't remember such a BIOS option.

> You'll probably have to use the PS2.EXE utility with a DOS
> boot disk to set that up.  (Maybe a utility like tpctrl can do it?)

I DO have tpctl, and yes, it makes sense that it should be done here.

> > Is there a howto out there somewhere that covers suspend and
> > hibernation (my next project) please.
>
> Hope you've got a DOS partition!  If you want BIOS hinernation, you'll
> need a DOS partition and the PS2.EXE utility to create the hibernation
> file.

I have a partition that I can use, so no problems there.  PS2.exe may
be a problem, though I'll address this when I come to it.

> (Assuming 600E wotks like a 600 here...)

Thanks for your answer.  I take it that there is no single point of
reference out there then (HOWTO).  Appreciate it.

--
Tony