[ltp] Suspend, hibernate and the 600E [on a 2.6 kernel]

Michael Hagemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:54:02 +0100

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:36:49 -0500 Antiphon wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone has gotten suspend to work with the 2.6 kernel on a
> 600 series laptop. If so, could you please send me your .config? I can't
> get it to suspend even though I used the same .config from my 2.4 kernel
> which works just fine with it.

I tried this, too, but as yet I also didn't have success.  This post:

  http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2003-November/013896.html

says that you need to make the i8042 keyboard driver (that's your ps/2
keyboard) a module, and unload it before suspending (via apmd), because
it somehow keeps the machine from suspending.  This didn't work for me,
but I didn't have time to investigate this further...

michael