[ltp] hibernation - PhoenixBIOS (save2dsk.bin) vs swsusp, and ACPI/APM

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Dec 2003 13:03:17 -0600

Andr=E9 Wyrwa <a.wyrwa@gmx.de> writes:

> Did you come across further details? Or anyone else?
> Any more pros and cons or definite facts about the BIOS feature support?

Nothing more than what I've posted.

For the moment I'm planning to try to continue with 2.6, ACPI, and
swsusp, but one big unknown factor is how well various combinations
(ACPI vs APM and BIOS hibernate vs swsuspend) will interact with X.

> It is said that the BIOS method only works with APM, while swsusp is
> supposed to work with both ACPI and APM, and even more stable with ACPI.

OK.  Thanks.

--=20
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu
GPG starting 2002-11-03 =3D 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592  F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 7=
3A4