[ltp] A31 2652-M6U - SuS2 9.0

David Pirotte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:14:31 -0500

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:08:59 -0500
Andy Firman <list@firman.us> wrote:

> I have a ThinkPad A31 2652-MLU running Debian "unstable" perfectly.
> Audio, wireless, APM, usb, custom Linux Kernel 2.4.22, all work very well.
>
> It is a beautiful thing.
>
> And the amount of cool software you can get with Debian
> apt-get is absolutely outstanding.
>
> If you decide to go with Debian, I will be glad to help you out
> and share my config files with you.

Hi Andy,

I have always used SuSE, not knowing our to get and install debian,
which I'd love to try.

What do you recommand, to get the latest CDs or to download an image?
Is it easy to install? Yes, I'd love to get your help and config file
for the recompilation of the kernel, do you use 2.4.23?

Many Thanks
David