[ltp] Suspend, hibernate and the 600E

Rob Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:13:42 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles E Taylor IV" <tomalek@mindspring.com>

> There's two tools available on the IBM site - one called PS2.EXE (which
> IBM doesn't supply on a bootable floppy) and the other called PHDSK.EXE
> (which IBM DOES supply on a bootable floppy).  PHDSK is for the
> 240/X/Z,570/E,A20,T20, X20, and a few others.
>

> For the 600(and 600E), you need this:
> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/uttcpdos.exe
> and you'll want the docs as well:
> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/uttcpdos.txt
>
> Unfortunately, IBM didn't provide this one for us on a bootable floppy.
> --
> *  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>

I downloaded uttcpdos.exe, built a DOS bootable floppy, and copied
uttcpdos.exe to it. When I booted up and ran the file, it appeared as if it
wanted to install to the hard drive. My 600E is built with only Linux, using
rieserfs. I was concerned that if I continued, I might screw up the
partition table or boot sector of the disk and did not want to do that, so I
aborted. Has anyone done this? Does it (uttcpdos) write to the disk or to
RAM? If it writes to RAM, then I can use this disk to create an ISO file to
burn to CD.

Rob