[ltp] Suspend, hibernate and the 600E

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:20:17 -0500

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:23:50 +0100
"Frank Schaeckermann" <p8f9oz9d02@sneakemail.com> wrote:

> Quite a while ago I reported - in this forum - how I got hibernation to
> work on my T40p. I used a bootable diskette supplied by IBM, made it
> into a bootable CD (the T40p does not come with a floppy drive) and
> created a hibernation partion with the help of this tool (primary
> partion of type A0) and had hibernation working!

There's two tools available on the IBM site - one called PS2.EXE (which
IBM doesn't supply on a bootable floppy) and the other called PHDSK.EXE
(which IBM DOES supply on a bootable floppy).  PHDSK is for the
240/X/Z,570/E,A20,T20, X20, and a few others.

Get the bootable disk here:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/hibv4win.exe
but first read the docs:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/hibv4win.txt

This one doesn't work on the TP600.  I should know, I have a 570E, a 240X,
and a 600. ;)

For the 600(and 600E), you need this:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/uttcpdos.exe
and you'll want the docs as well:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/uttcpdos.txt

Unfortunately, IBM didn't provide this one for us on a bootable floppy.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/