[ltp] A Series and Docking....

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:06:37 +0100

Hi,

> Does RH9 support Hot Docking/Undocking?

Dunno. Theoretically it would be at least partially possible.

> Should I do the build with the unit in the docking station or not?

If you mean the redhat install with the "build" I'd say definetely yes,
'cause it assures that all the drivers, device nodes, drive entries in
fstab and stuff get installed properly and might safe you work
afterwards.

> If I Dock then undock then redock are there any device conflict issues?

I couldn't access the docks ide interface when loading the docks pci
driver later than on bootup time.

> Anything else I should know?

Besides the hot docking stuff, which i don't care about, i have great
experiences with the dock, having a cdrw drive, pcmcia wireless card,
usb camera all accessed through the dock, and - best - ati radeon 9000
in the pci slot. Everything works great.

Andre.