[ltp] switch X apps' screen without xinerama?

Robert Hajime Lanning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:02:29 -0800 (PST)

<quote who="AndréWyrwa">
> When I start xmove and then try xterm -display locahost:1, X responses
>
> X connection to localhost:1.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
>
> and xmove states
>
> Unable to create connection to server at :0.0.
> Is the server dead?
> Is the server name correct?
>
> Loopback network is setup...i can ping localhost.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you have two X servers running, or two displays with a single X server?

Two displays would be localhost:0.0 and localhost:0.1
This would have a single keyboard and mouse.
Mouse will scroll between the displays.

Two X servers would be locahost:0.0 and localhost:1.0
This would have two keyboards and two mice.  (ala. virtual consoles)
The mouse will not be able to scroll between displays.

--
END OF LINE
       -MCP