[ltp] Request for more info on LCD-b0rked 600E

Asheesh Laroia linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:34:41 -0500 (EST)

A few weeks back, I mentioned a ThinkPad 600E whose display turned red and
then hardly visible.  I checked that the video board isn't the problem by
connecting to an external monitor, which works just fine.

His seller refuses to address the problem.

I understand there to be two easy things I can do to fix it:

   * Reseat the LCD screen; hope that fixes it.
   * Test if it's the inverter; if so, replace it.

Someone mentioned the 600E maintenance manual.  Is that available online
as a PDF, for example?

How do I reseat the LCD?  I have no idea even where to poke what
screwdrivers to open the chassis.

Secondly, how should I test if the problem is the inverter without first
buying the replacement?

Thanks so much,

Asheesh.

--
... and furthermore ... I don't like your trousers.