[ltp] T40 forward/back keys in Mozilla

Jon Solberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:02:06 +0100

Jon Solberg wrote:
> Jacob H-A wrote:
>> Restart Mozilla and you should have working Forward/Back keys.
>>
> Another way, which is probably easier, of accomplishing the same thing
> is to use an external program like Xhkeys. It makes it possible to map
> the back/forward key to another key combination for at specific program
> (or mouse gesture/launching of a program for that matter). I've had it
> working perfectly with Mandrake 9.0 and my R30 but alas, on 9.2 it
> doesn't seem to work at all so it's not a foolproof solution.

Of course it was tpb that caused my problems. Thanks for pointing that
out. If I'm careful with starting xhkeys _before_ I start tpb it works
as expected, even though tpb complains that:

[jon@Lilleman jon]$ tpb
There is already a application grabbing some ThinkPad keys.
Possibly you restarted tpb too fast.

I'll guess the patch of tpb will solve my problem. Alas, Savannah's file
repository is still down. Could anyone on the list help me with
obtaining the source code or a patched rpm or srpm-package (Mandrake
9.2)? I usually have most source-code I compile myself as a local backup
but this wasn't the case with tpb. :-(

Regards,
Jon
Jon Solberg                           Email: jon@cirkitygravikus.com
                                       Phone: +46-(0)31 773 XXXX
http://www.cirkitygravikus.com/~jon   Cell:  +46-(0)70 370 XXXX
Juggling, Stand Up Comedy and Professional Entertainment