[ltp] Midi for Fedora

billy ball linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:18:01 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Bert Haskins wrote:

> Here is all of it:
> ///////////////
> alias eth0 xircom_cb
> alias usb-controller usb-uhci
> alias sound-slot-0 esssolo1
> post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>  >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>  >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> ///////////////
> I think that this is the same as when it was not working.
> I am still fighting the midi installation.
> I wish that RH had not taken this ( kmidi) out of the FC1 distro!!!!!
> Have you installed Alsa?

1. hmm... i wonder if more specific settings are described under
/etc/sysconfig

2. what kernel version are you using? (uname -r)

3. Alsa was how i got sound working about three RH versions ago (i just
recently started 'reusing' my 390X)...

but i'm glad your sound is working! i recall reading something about
registers not being set properly by the OSS drivers for the 390X's
chipset, but haven't pursued the matter...

have a happy!

billy .b