[ltp] Thinkpad R40 2722: various CPUFREQ troubles

flokno linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:51:54 +0100

hello!

i looked in my bios settings and checked again: shutdown and boot
without ac connected and i have 600-1500 mhz.

bios:

power mode for ac: max bat
power mode for bat: max bat

intel speedstep tech: enabled
mode f ac: automatic
mode f bat: automatic

cpu powermanagement: auto
pci buw power management: auto

so it isn't contrary to my other postings fixed max and so on.

bios is 1.17, embd cntrl 1.10 afair.

now i have 96% battery power with a remaining runtime of 2:46 which is
very disappointing for a pentium m based notebook.
apm is enabled.

i now try acpi if something changes.
once with apic enabled and the ohter time with it disabled, i post
results then.

> That's a stupid reason, I know, but: Mr. Xu has not made a
> kernel-source-2.6-test11 package yet. I like the Debian way to install
> kernels :-) I will try test11 now and see if it recognizes the battery
> in ACPI mode.

ah ok, maybe just skipping some versions isn't a big issue also.

--
 cu, flo