[ltp] DRI on PCI Radeon crashing

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:40:49 +0100

Hi,

finally I managed to talk X into enabling DRI on my PCI Radeon, by
installing X and DRI drivers from development snapshot 4.3.99.16.

Unfortunately, glxgears as well as all the Xscreensaver GL modules crash
segfaulting.

I compiled the whole thing with gcc 3.3.2, kernel, X, and the DRM update
drivers that came with the X snapshot. Is this known to make problems?

Or might it be a problem with the development version?

Any more positive experiences with more current CVS version?

(When enabling DRI on 4.3.0, the whole X used not to start anymore (hang
during startup process).)

Also I exprience much faster mouse after this update, so either the X
server got a great speed boost or it somehow raised mouse acceleration.

Any comments are very much appreciated.

Andre.