[ltp] T22 dvd, cd, & mp3 playback

Michael Waters linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:30:17 -0500

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a refurbished T22 or T30 to use partially to
playback dvd & mpeg4 movies and music.  I'd prefer to get a T22 and
save a lot of money but was wondering whether the T22's S3 SuperSavage
video and Cirrus Logic CS46xx sound are up to playing back dvds.

I've read a few reports of problems with S3 video and xv on the mplayer
list.  I've read that there's no 3D support for S3 but I'd like to have
excellent dvd playback without any tearing or jitteryness and was
hoping for any positive or negative reports from T22 owners.

Is the T22 running linux up to playing dvds and music well?

Thanks for any feedback,
Michael