[ltp] movies of what's going on on my screen

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:48:33 +0200

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 12:07:33PM +0100, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> The other option:
> You try hunting down xOrfbserver, which might turn out to be a
> challenge, at least if you are looking for sources. However, there are
> some 0.6.1 rpm packages of RFB lurking around in the net, you can find
> them through google and they include xorfbserver.
>=20
> (If anyone can point out where to find its homepage and sources that
> would be great, since www.hexonet.de is gone and www.hexonet.net seems
> not to host the files.)

No idea about a home page, but you can find the sources at
http://<your debian mirror>/debian/pool/main/r/rfb/rfb_0.6.1.orig.tar.gz
(You can find a list of Debian mirrors at
http://www.debian.org/mirrors/list)

AFAIK KDE 3.1 also includes a VNC server that exports your current
session.  (The Debian package is called krfb.)  I expect the sources for
this one to be more available (e.g. look at cvs.kde.org), although it
might have more library dependencies.

Disclaimer: I've used x0rfbserver (thats a number zero, not a capital O
BTW) a couple of times, I've never used krfb, and I've never tried
vnc2swf.  Oh, and the sample Emacs flash movie crashed my Mozilla
Firebird ;)

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
fix one bug, compile it again...
101 little bugs in the code....

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft--