[ltp] IBM T30 won't shut down.

Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:12:37 -0500

Running Gentoo, 2.4.20-r9 kernel, on an IBM T30 Thinkpad.  Whenever I
shutdown, the computer restarts.  Whether I click the "Turn off
computer" option in the KDE logout applet, try "halt" or "shutdown -h
now" at the console, makes no matter.  The screen shows "Power down"
for a second, then it reboots.  I get only a restart.  I tried looking
at /etc/inittab, /sbin/shutdown, but don't know what to look for, I
guess.  The BIOS doesn't seem to show anything related to shutdown.
Kernel has the APM stuff compiled in, not as modules.  apmd is running.
I've also googled, but can find nothing useful.  Any advice
appreciated.   Thanks.

--
Ed Jabbour