[ltp] Cisco Aironet 350 Mini PCI on an R40 running SuSE 9

Mike Evans linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 06:45:41 -0700

Carl Nygard wrote:

>netstat -r
>
>You should see a default route pointing to your router.  I'm betting you
>don't have one.
>
>You can configure DHCP to grab the DNS and default route info when it
>gets the IP from the router.  You'll just have to make sure your router
>gives out the info.  If not, then you'll have to set default route and
>your /etc/resolv.conf by hand.

That seems to be it.  netstat -r reveals that the Destination is
192.168.0.0, which should be 192.168.0.1 (the router).  Again, since
things are peachy on the win side I'm assuming that the router is
providing that information.  Should I poke around in
/etc/sysconfig/network/dhcp or ifcfg-eth1?  Where else should I look?

If I need to manually set it in /etc/resolv.conf, so you have an
example?  The man page on resolv.conf isn't very handy.