[ltp] Cisco Aironet 350 Mini PCI on an R40 running SuSE 9

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:18:28 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Fabrice Bellet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 10:50:36PM +0100, Heiko Rosemann wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Joel Ebel wrote:
> >
> > > If it is a miniPCI card, you need mpi350, not airo.  You might also
> > > consider trying fabrice's driver.
> > >
> > > http://bellet.info/~bellet/laptop/airo_mpi.HOWTO.txt
> >
> > That driver (Fabrice's one) works for my Cisco Aironet in my X30 :-) Didn't
> > really try adhoc mode and figured suspend to disc wouldn't work for me. But
> > "normal" managed mode connection works just fine. Much better than the
> > smartlink modem drivers...
>
> By the way, in the latest version (20031217) :

I'm currently (since yesterday) using 20031220 on 2.4.23 w/ acpi-20031203
and swsusp 2.0rc3. Works like a charm, survives suspend-to-disk cycles and
everything. I'm now waiting to meet someone with another Wireless adapter so
I can test adhoc mode again.

And it seems to me the occasional crashes I experienced on my last try are
now gone. (after several hours or so, the driver sometimes stopped working).

Keep up the good work, Heiko

P.S: Funny enough, swsusp sometimes hangs the console input on resume. I can
     still surf the web from a PC connected to my X30 via LAN using the X30
     as router to the wireless connection... good news concerning airo_mpi!