[ltp] sound card mixing

Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:45:41 +0100

Hi,

> And If I understood right from the home page, the server is transparent
> for a users, therefore
> I steel use the device /dev/audio (or dsp) and the server must take
> responsibility for give
> sound aut to all the applications. I'm right ???

Nope, it's not that easy. If you just specify the output device it means
you would go around nas. Instead you would have to direct the output to
nas, which can only be done through direct nas support builtin your
application of choice.

NAS is supported for instance by XMMS via a plugin, Wine and by MPlayer.

However, in your case it might be better to use esd, which is in fact
supported by a wide range of applications (incl. XMMS and MPlayer), and
with the help of a wrapper also by Wine and vmware.

See the application sections of the homepages (on the nas page you can
find that under links).

Good luck,
Andre.