[ltp] Partly succeeded with swsusp and ACPI on X30 w/ 2.4.23

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:01:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi everyone,

just wanted to drop in:

My X30 works with swsusp 2.0-rc3 and the 0.17-version of the hibernate
script almost fine.
I'm using Fabrice's airo_mpi-20031220 driver and it survives each and every
resume, I've patched in the latest ACPI and speedstep patches into
2.4.23-vanilla.

Suspending using "echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep" hangs the keyboard on resume,
just as hibernate sometimes does, when I do not set
SWSUSP_LEAVE_X_BEFORE_SUSPEND to "nvidia". Logging in via ssh and rebooting
or initiating another hibernation work alright.

Using hibernate --verbose, the hibernation progress often gets cancelled in
the "Freezing processes: Freezing remaining tasks"-part of the progress
screen, with the progress indicator jumping back and forth by one or two
bars. After some time, the suspend is cancelled and the logging tty shows
SUSPEND CANCELLED.

Using hibernate --force --kill, I have a slightly higher chance of getting
through the process. If it fails, it tells me "OVERRIDING FAILSAFE DEFAULTS"
on the logging tty.

If it works, it works perfectly. And it is a great thing to arrive where I
left the machine, no need to start all the little programs and do all the
setup stuff I haven't yet put into rc scripts.

Hope this is of some help to anyone out there, Heiko

P.S: Some more pieces of information:

- Slackware 9.1
- clock drift during suspend was cured by SWSUSP_SAVE_CLOCK_ON_SUSPEND to yes