[ltp] 390E long floppy seek time at boot

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:26:21 +0100

On Monday 10 February 2003 12:49, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> Also, when I do `shutdown -r now` my power switch seems inoperative
> until the grub kernel selection screen appears.  If I want a quick
> shutoff of the machine without waiting for the floppy to timeout (as
> above), I must pull the AC and the battery!

Why don't you just shutdown your system with "shutdown -h now" or "halt".
You don't need to reboot it to power it off. You can even map CTRL-ALT-DEL
to shutdown -h now instead of shutdown -r now.

Ciao, Matthias

--
"If liberty means anything at all,
it means the right to tell people