[ltp] video problems on a22p (rage mobility) - Debian Sarge with half screen w/ xine, realplay

Tim Turkington linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:00:55 -0500 (EST)

> Subject more or less says it. (also using Xfree 4.02.01) With any app
> that uses the video, I'm getting only a half-screen output.
>
> Any ideas?  Haven't head anything about this before.

I've had what may be a related problem with my A22p.  (When playing a
movie (mpg, avi, mov), the window is the correct size, but picture is
stretched out horizontally, so that only about half of it shows.) I've been
using Redhat 7.2, with several different versions of XFree86, and a lot of
different XF86Config-4's.  It seems to be independent of the resolution at
which I'm running X11.

Things work correctly in 'mplayer' with the '-vo x11' option, but it's CPU
intensive. RealPlayer works okay for me, and movies work okay in Windows
running Win4Lin (which I highly recommend if you need to run Word or
Powerpoint but don't want to dual boot) so I have no idea why some of the
movie playing options don't work correctly.

Tim