[ltp] Comprehensive Linux Book to show me the ropes

Alex Morris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:31:31 +0000

>I am dabbling in Linux with my new Thinkpad... and was wondering if
>there are any recommendations on a book that will teach me all the ins
>and outs of Linux. I know there is a lot of information online, but a
>hardcopy of something that could basically teach me all I need to know
>would be good to follow so I can have a reference to follow...  So far
>all I've done was install Red Hat 8.. one of the first things I would
>like to learn is how to install the driver for my integrated wireless
>(Intersil Prism 2.5) on my T30.  Any suggestions out there?

If you're comfortable with Windows and are looking to make the
transition to Linux then take a look at
http://www.minasi.com/linuxbk.htm

Also, the Rute Users Tutorial and Exposition -
http://rute.sourceforge.net/ and mirrored everywhere - may be of some
help to you.
--
Alex