[ltp] Starting over: A21e+port replicator

Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:49:35 +0100

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 11:18:37 -0500, Tod Harter wrote:
> I'm not really familiar with Xandros, but as a general comment on LILO with
> any flavor of Linux:
>
> LILO should cause you NO hardware configuration related difficulties... It is
> no more "fragile" wrt to hardware configuration than any other boot manager.
> In fact in my 10 years of Linux hacking I've swapped drives in and out of
> completely different systems 100's of times and had few problems aside from
> disk drive geometry issues (which would equally affect windows etc.).
>
> I'll go even further and state that LILO is one of the best boot managers
> there is, period. It can boot all known OSes AFAIK. I wouldn't WANT anything

LILO can load a Linux kernel _or_ a boot sector of any device. Not
more, not less. It doesn't cares about the OS if it is not a Linux
kernel. GRUB can do much more for you here.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG