[ltp] Any new info on using PS/2 wheel mice with TPs?

Jon Colverson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 02:52:03 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there, does anyone have any new info on successfully using PS/2 wheel mice
on ThinkPads? I've read the info at:
http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm#secmouse

I know this is a frequently asked question, but it hasn't been asked since June
so I just thought I'd check if there's been any progress since then before I go
and get myself a USB mouse. One message mentioned a fix in Mandrake 8.0 boxed
version? Can anyone confirm that the wheel works as expected with a 2.5 kernel
and the new input drivers?

Thanks very much,

Jon