[ltp] Re: does not wake up after sleep

Dirk Husemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:54:00 +0100

--------------enigEC82552F5ED18715A698C999

On 01/10/2003 03:42 PM, Katsumi Matsumoto wrote:

>It seems indeed that my T30 screen fails to unblank.  I am not quite sure
>what is entailed in your suggested solution though.  Do I need to disable
>apmd and install a suspend software (i.e., download something like swsusp
>and recompile the kernel)?  Right now, I've installed RH8 with kernel
>version 2.4.18.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>-Katsumi
>
>On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, George Yanos wrote:
>

>>If his problem matches mine, also with a T30, it isn't hibernating
>>that is the issue, it is just that screen blanking fails to unblank.
>>The way I get around it, so far, is to force a hibernation (suspend
>>without a disk image) and then wake it up.

Have you tried Fn+F7? Sometimes I get a blank screen on my A22m (and
very rarely on my T21 at work), display "cycling" via Fn+F7 usually does
the trick there...

    Cheers,
    Dirk

--
Dr Dirk Husemann, Pervasive Computing, IBM Research, Zurich Research Lab
	hud@zurich.ibm.com --- http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/