[ltp] PS/2 mouse and trackpoint

J.J.Green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
14 Jan 2003 15:37:54 +0000

Hi all

Im trying to get an external ps/2 mouse working
with the builtin trackpoint on my tp 560z
(Debian testing/unstable, kernel 2.4.19,
trackpoint managed with using the tp4utils)

I find that if the external mouse is plugged
then the trackpoint dosent work.

I understood that multiple PS/2 mice should
be managed by the bios (you can only have one
psaux). Can anyone confirm this? do I need to
change some bios settings?

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me if this
is possible. This is a specific device (a handheld
mouse) which I's like to use, so "get a usb mouse"
would not be helpful

Cheers

Jim
--
J. J. Green,  Dept. Applied Mathematics, F40, Hicks Bld.,
Hounsfield Rd.,  University of Sheffield,  Sheffield, UK.