[ltp] tpctl

Chris Wallace linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:57:08 +0000

I have inherited a ThinkPad i-series, running (slackware 8.0) linux, which =
I am very happy with.

However, I would like to let my thinkpad hibernate, but reading http://tpct=
l.sourceforge.net/tpctlhome.htm,  I find:

`I recommend keeping a DOS partition on your hard drive large enough to =
hold some version of DOS, your hibernation file and a copy of the ThinkPad =
utilities for DOS.'

My Thinkpad contains no dos (or windows) partition and no PS2.EXE file.  =
Before I start trying to install tpctl, I wanted to ask if it would work =
_without_ DOS and PS2.EXE?  The tpctl homepage does not make this clear.  =
If not, how should I go about obtaining these?

Many thanks for suggestions,=20

Chris.