[ltp] Help for a newbie

Fekete Gabor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:33:10 +0100 (NFT)

Hello!

I am completely new in the world of laptops.
At last I own one. A ThinkPad 600E. With a great deal of effort I managed
to install Debian (stable) on it. It works well with the default factory
2.2.20 kernel and pcmcia drivers (no sound configured yet).
I tried to compile a new kernel (2.4.20) but I failed to make the pcmcia
3com ethernet card work.

Please, if there is any one who installed debian on this kind of laptop,
or any other distrib on it (debian is preferred) then I would really
appreciate her/his help.

So my question is : How to set up my PCMCIA Ethernet card with a new
kernel and my sound card.

I tried to find info on the web but all of them were out of date and
I think things have changed since than so there must be another (easier)
way to make it work (without recompiling anything except the kernel).

Thank you!