[ltp] [acpi & r31 & suse] Help for another newbie

A. W. linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:14:28 +0100

Hello,
My problem is, that my machine simply does not turn off, when I shut
down Suse Linux 8.1. It's the R31 by www.nofost.de : 2656 AAG. The
screen gets black, you see the mouse, but it is frozen. Pressing
"Ctrl+ALT+Del" effects a restart after a while, but there is no way to
get the machine turning off on itself.

The parallel W2k-Installation is able to do so, it shows, that I have an
ACPI - Machine. But SUSE does not even see APM. So I cannot use the
battery indicator, too.

As I am a realy newbie here and with Linux, I ask for detailed
instructions how to fix it. Maybe there is help by IBM? Didnt find
anything till now. "Xapm" has no effect, either.

Thanks for helping me and sorry for bad english,
A.W.