[ltp] Sound card works now!!

Blessing linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:33:25 +0200

Hie All

Well, thanks to Charles, I can now listen to my MP3 when working in Linux,
the trick was changing the   mpuirq=9 , what exactly is the mpuirq?????
please tell me my settings are now as follows
system: io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9.

Secondly I have Xircom Credit Card GSM Modem 56K, so far I have only managed
to dial once to the ISP and after that Linux RH7.2 does not detect it. If I
run wvdialconf it gives the message that there is no modem. When it was once
detected it was on ttyS3, under windoze it's using com5.
Any ideas on how to get this PC Card to work??

Your help is sincerely appreciated

Rgds
Blessing

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
[mailto:linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org]On Behalf Of Charles E
Taylor IV
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 4:59 PM
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Subject: Re: [ltp] Sound drivers for my 380ED Laptop

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 04:40:54 +0200
"Blessing" <dronfield@comone.co.zw> wrote:

> Thank you Charles
>
> Well I'm using Redhat 7.2 and as you pointed out, I've tried the 4232
> driver, infact my windoze is using the 4232 driver and it works fine.
> I'm using an IRQ=5 ,DMA=01 , DMA1=00, I/O= 5x300

Use sndconfig (just run as root and select the cs4232 driver) to set it up
(don't recompile the kernel).

* Try flip-flopping the DMA settings.  Here's a set that works on my
system: io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=5
* Turn off Quick Boot in the Thinkpad's easy setup - it causes some Linux
problems.
* Once you verify sound works, you might want to install the cs4232 script
from here: http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/MIGR-4BP6Q6.html  (The 600
series uses similar sound hardware to the 380).

Also, you might have trouble if you reboot from Windows.  Turn the machine
off after using Windows and see if it works better.