[ltp] X22 Battery life

Ross Burton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
30 Jan 2003 12:18:52 +0000

Hi,

After 13 months of faithful service, the battery in my X22 seems to be
dying... :(

Does anyone know if these batteries are recharge-cycle locked, and if it
is possible that battery rejuvenation[1] works?  The best price I've
found for a replacement battery is £110, and the rejuvenation man
charges £25, refunding half if the process doesn't work (covering P&P).

I'd say I'm a heavy user -- the laptop is used every day for 90 minutes
(my train journey) to work and back, often compiling and other
CPU-intensive activities, so I expect I may have drained the battery
rather quickly.

Would it be sensible for me in future to charge the battery at work, and
when its fully charged remove the battery? Can the battery be safely
removed while the laptop is on and running from mains?

Thanks for any help,
Ross

[1] http://website.lineone.net/~battery_rejuvenate/index.html
--