[ltp] More Fn key and KDE

Steve K linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:02:52 -0400

Hey folks --

I took Ted's advice and added the setkeycodes to my startup.  I then took
Frederic's advice and used xmodmap to get X to recognize the key.  Instead of
using exactly what he suggested, I thought I would map it to the Meta_L
modifier so KDE would pick it up as the windows key:

keycode 227 = Meta_L
add Mod4 = Meta_L

And this seems to work -- if I go to the Keyboard Shortcuts configuration
module and switch to the Modifier Keys tab, I see the KDE Modifier for Win is
mod4.  However, when I try to define a shortcut using the Fn key, it does not
seem to work.  I pressing the Fn key garners no reaction from the define
shortcut window, but when I hold down the Fn key and a letter key, the define
shortcut window says "Win+" but never says anything about the additional key.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks for all the help!

cheers,
-steve