[ltp] A22m goes to sleep on high cpu usage

PSI-Systems linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 01:37:56 +0200

> I'm not sure if this is a specific Linux question or not, however
> during extreamly high cpu usage (via gkrellm) around 99% or so, my
> system will engage the sleep mode.  Once I press the power key and hold
> it down, it will boot right back up, however this is quite irritating
> when I'm trying to do something that takes more than an hour (such as
> ripping a dvd or something).  Anybody else have that problem or know
> how to fix it?
With ACPI my A31 switches to powersave which I prevent with cpufreq
With older ACPI my A31 also switches to powersave with newer it completely
powers off!

Seems like a temperature issue of only few laptops used for a long time
with high CPU loads. Maybe IBM will take the laptops back? I doubt,
because "Windows XP works fine and Linux isn't supported"....